EDsmart announces the top 10 community colleges that have exceeded expectations based on the compiled data found at Brookings.edu.
Los Angeles, CA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/07/2015 -- The recent school ranking done by EDsmart is based on the difference between what alumni were expected to earn and what they actually earned. Expected alumni earnings were based on multiple variables, such as economic outcomes, college quality, student and college characteristics, as well as college geographic characteristics.
EDsmart analyzed the data gathered from different private and government sources, such as U.S. Department of Education and Payscale. 4,897 community colleges have been included in the research.
The ranking revealed by EDsmart is determined by the alumni and combined factors like loan repayment rates, occupational earning power and alumni earnings. The difference between predicted and actual economic outcomes is determined for each college to represent which institution's alumni performed better than others. Based on the college's percentage of value-added, EDsmart ranks the top community colleges.
Top 10 community colleges with alumni outcomes that exceed expectations are as follows:
1. NHTI - Concord's Community College in Concord, NH with 22% value added
2. Lee College in Baytown, TX with 21% value added
3. Pearl River Community College in Poplarville, MS with 21% value added
4. Pueblo Community College in Pueblo, CO with 19% value added
5. Briarcliffe College in Bethpage, NY with 19% value added
6. Bakersfield College in Bakersfield, CA with 17% value added
7. TSTC Waco in Waco, TX with 16% value added
8. San Diego City College in San Diego, CA with 16% value added
9. Northcentral Technical College in Wausau, WI with 14% value added
10. Minnesota State Community and Technical College in Fergus Falls, MN with 13% value added
For additional information on this ranking, please visit
About The EDsmart.org Community College Ranking
The ranking allows students and parents to see which education establishments are performing well, to give them an informed choice of where to attend.
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
Email: Click to Email Chantelle Ellis